Showing page 1 of 44

Danny Dorling speaks at the RSA about inequality

Inequality and the 1%
25th Sep 2014

Leading social geographer Danny Dorling unpacks the latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1 percent impact the remaining 99%.

Francis Fukuyama speaks at the RSA

Political Order and Political Decay
24th Sep 2014

Influential political scientist Francis Fukuyama tells the story of mankind’s emergence as a political animal, the development of state, law and democracy, and explores the modern landscape - with its uneasy tension between dictatorships and liberal democracies – arguing that in the US, and in other developed democracies, unmistakable signs of decay have emerged.

Inside Alcatel Lucent with Douglas Coupland
23rd Sep 2014

Era-defining author Douglas Coupland takes an inside look at the global telecoms company that powers our connected lives, and offers a unique reflection on the Internet, its future and our possible future within it.

Listen to Peter Rees talk at the RSA

Knocking the Corners off the Square Mile
18th Sep 2014

Professor of places and city planning Peter Wynne Rees describes the vision and strategy which transformed the City of London and considers how we reconcile the demands of the property industry with a range of issues in the public interest.

Hear Robert Cialdini at the RSA

Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
18th Sep 2014

In the field of influence and persuasion, Robert Cialdini is the world’s most cited living social psychologist, and the author of the seminal work 'Influence'. He returns to the RSA to reveal the small changes that make the biggest impact when persuading others.

abstract Student Design awards pattern

Design and Democracy
17th Sep 2014

Join us for this special event to celebrate the launch of the 2014/15 RSA Student Design Award briefs – with designer Alastair Parvin speaking on the future of open design, community development and WikiHouse.

Vincent Deary speaks at the RSA

How We Are: Negotiating Change in Daily Life
11th Sep 2014

Health psychologist Vincent Deary shows how much of our lives are lived automatically, according to beaten paths. How can we avoid becoming ‘habit machines’, and overcome our resistance to change, making our acts truly ours?

hear Yuval Harari speak at the RSA

A Brief History of Humankind
9th Sep 2014

Historian Yuval Noah Harari was awarded the Polonsky Prize for Creativity in the Humanistic Disciplines. His magnum opus 'Sapiens' challenges everything we know about being human – our thoughts, our actions, our power, and our future.

Joseph Stiglitz at RSA Scotland

RSA Scotland Angus Millar Lecture 2014 - Creating a Learning Society
26th Aug 2014

In this year’s Angus Millar Lecture in Edinburgh, Nobel Laureate economist Professor Joseph Stiglitz argues that what truly separates developed from less-developed economies is not just a gap in resources or output, but a gap in knowledge. In studying how countries learn, we can unlock a new approach to growth, development and social progress.

Camp Bestival

The RSA Hour at Camp Bestival 2014
2nd Aug 2014

Once again we are packing our suitcases and travelling to Camp Bestival at Lulworth Castle in Dorset to present The RSA Hour. This year we are joined by Dr Ben Ambridge who asks what makes us smarter and Dr Kevin Fong who explores our obsesssion with space travel.