After degrees from Oxford and Harvard, his Doctoral research was an examination of the concept of wisdom, including a detailed analysis of the challenge of overcoming the psycho-social constraints that prevent people becoming 'wiser', similar to what the RSA terms the 'social aspiration gap'.
A chess Grandmaster, Jonathan was British Champion for three consecutive years 2004-6.
Related events for each speaker
- What Does it Mean to be You?
- The End of Remembering
- Supercooperators: The mathematics of evolution, altruism and human behaviour
- How to Become Slightly Happier
- Quiet the Mind
- Wait: The useful art of procrastination
- The Emerging Mind: How relationships and the embodied brain shape who we are
- The Six Habits of Highly Empathic People
- The Race to the White House: US election panel 2012
- The Meaning of Life's Milestones
- The Optimism Bias
- Why Do We Deceive Ourselves?