Future Maker: a celebration of making
We believe in the power of making, and want to help grow the infrastructure and opportunities for designing and making at a local level, both in London and the UK. Through this event, we aim to bring together and connect the varied groups interested in this agenda, as well as introduce and showcase the amazing work that is being done.
Hosted in the newly ‘unlocked’ basement of Somerset House, we are bringing the Maker community together in a central London location across a day and evening later this month. The evening event is now sold out, but you can still join us for the daytime session, between 11am and 5pm.
Come and participate in interactive demos, presentations, workshops and screenings from a wide range of people in the Maker movement, including:
• Adrian McEwan showcasing the Bubblino, Goodnight Lamp and the Wheredial
• The Ideas Foundation, with pupils from 3 Manchester Academies showing their making projects
• The Nominet Trust & partners showing Make Things Do Stuff and programming LED badges
• RSA Fellows from Solderpad, OSHUG (Open Source Hardware User Group) and Spark & Mettle introduce their work
• Making USB microscopes with MadLab
• An introduction to The Great Recovery with Sophie Thomas
• When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro, with Maggie Duval
This is just a small sample of what’s on offer during the day - for more information, visit www.rsafuturemaker.tumblr.com for a full schedule. Booking for this event is essential, and you can do this using Eventbrite - we hope to see you there!