Restart! A progressive agenda for a ‘new normal’ in the post-pandemic world.
The RSA is proud to be co-hosting the Progressive Governance Digital Summit 2020 – a global conference for progressive changemakers starting on Monday 15 June.
From 15 to 19 June up to 100 speakers, including RSA Chief Executive Matthew Taylor, will come together and discuss shared visions of what a post-pandemic world should look like. Among the confirmed speakers are:
- Olaf Scholz, Federal Minister of Finance and Vice-Chancellor of Germany
- Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress
- Hubertus Heil, Federal Minister of Labour and Social Affairs of Germany
- Dani Rodrik, Ford Foundation Professor of International Political Economy at Harvard University
- Yascha Mounk, Author of "The People vs Democracy", Associate Professor at the Johns Hopkins University
- Maja Göpel, Secretary-General of the German Advisory Council on Global Change
The Progressive Governance Digital Summit will ask how we can ‘build back better’ from the Covid-19 crisis – or, as the RSA has put it – how we build bridges to a better future. The summit will address four key themes:
- “Transformation”: Creating a sustainable recovery and just transition agenda
- “Democracy”: Winning the struggle for liberal democracy
- “Leadership”: Building capacities for progressives to govern
- “Europe+”: Making a progressive case for Europe and new multilateralism
Register for the Progressive Governance Digital Summit
We invite you to register on the Progressive Governance Digital Summit 2020’s website.
Over 600 people have already registered. They come from 47 countries and work in political parties, parliaments, ministries, academia, civil society and media.
After your registration has been checked and confirmed, you will be able to access the Progressive Governance Digital Summit event platform with your internet browser or a smartphone app.