Details of the Act can be found here - Wellbeing of Future Generations (Wales) Act
The Act includes 7 goals:
- A prosperous Wales – An innovative, productive and low carbon society which recognises the limits of the global environment and therefore uses resouces efficiently and proportionately (including acting on climate change), and which develops a skilled and well-educated population in an economy which generates wealth and provides employment opportunities, allowing people to take advantage of the wealth generated through securing decent work.
- A resilient Wales – A nation which maintains and enhances a biodiverse natural environment with health functioning ecosystems that support social, economic and ecological resilience and the capacity to adapt to change (for example climate change).
- A healthier Wales – A society in which people’s physical and mental well-being is maximised and in which choices and behaviours that benefit future health are understood.
- A more equal Wales – A society that enables people to fulfil their potential no matter what their background or circumstances (inc their socio economic background and circumstances).
- A Wales of cohesive communities – Attractive, viable, safe and well-connected communities.
- A Wales of vibrant culture and thriving Welsh language – A society that promotes and protects culture, heritage and the Welsh language, and which encourages people to participate in the arts, and sports and recreation.
- A globally responsive Wales – A nation which, when doing anything to improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of Wales, takes account of whether doing anything such a thing may make a positive contribution to global well-being.
In the summer of 2017 we will be looking for ‘goal champions’ for each key theme to take forward Fellow activity and projects in this area.