Applications now open for the next cohort.
We are looking for 24 people from community businesses in Northern England. Complete the form below to receive more information and a link to the application form.
"You can’t overestimate how much you gain from getting to know a group of leaders from social businesses at a similar stage of development to your own – I’ve found it fascinating.
Providing a space to step back and look at the bigger picture of what we do and why we do it – as well as getting our ideas and assumptions examined by experts in the sector – is extremely useful."
Jenny Coles, Plymouth Energy Community
What will I do and learn?
- The programme runs over 6 months from Jan – June 2017.
- Power to Change are funding the programme so it is free to take part. You will need to contribute towards your costs for attending the training sessions.
- You’ll attend a two day training session every month.
- The sessions will take place in a different location each month, allowing you to visit and learn from other community businesses. Each month we’ll focus on different aspects of leadership and development, from business strategy, to understanding community dynamics, to navigating investment and financing.
- You’ll also take part in a two day innovation programme which will set you up with an action plan for tackling a challenge or project within your organisation.
- The programme will provide you with a network of people working in community business from across your region, with whom you’ll share experiences, knowledge and skills. Sessions will be led by experts from community business, traditional business and the third sector.
- You’ll become ambassadors for community business and help to enable more communities to get involved.
By applying to this programme you agree for the personal data you submit to be shared with all the project partners and future partners involved in the programme. Project partners are currently the RSA, Power to Change, RIO and Sheffield University Management School. Your personal data will not be shared with other third parties and will only be used for purposes in relation to the Power to Change programme.