Building work underway
We are very excited to announce that building work on the RSA’s ambitious project to create a 21st century enlightenment coffeehouse will begin on the 12th February with a completion date of 10th August. The project will see two floors of RSA House transformed, opening up parts of the building for the very first time.
Whilst the construction is underway - we wanted to let you know about temporary arrangements that affect certain spaces in the House.
• A temporary cafe will be situated in the Tavern Room on the Ground Floor with open areas on this floor available for extra seating. The Gerard Bar will be closed until the construction is finished.
• Our very popular RSA Thursday lunchtime events will continue as usual. We have some exciting events and speakers lined up.
• The Tindale room will not be available to hire from the 26th January.
• The library will be closed at the end of the day on the 31st January. Books will not be available to loan until the work is completed in August. The good news is that books borrowed before the 31st January can be kept out on loan until the library reopens in August.
• Levels -1, -2 and -3 will be closed, including the restaurant.
Thank you very much for your patience and co-operation during this period.
The support you have shown for the 21st century enlightenment coffeehouse has been deeply encouraging.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new spaces in Summer 2018.