Our complaints policy
The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts Manufactures and Commerce aims to provide its Fellows and customers with a high standard of service in all the works it undertakes.
According to the British Standard (BS8600) a complaint is “An expression of dissatisfaction whether justified or not”.
If you are unhappy about any aspect of our service please tell us about it. This will help us to ensure that we meet the highest standards and enable us to identify any areas we need to improve.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have been given, please contact the department you have been dealing with at the RSA. They will deal with your enquiry promptly, and do their best to put things right.
If you remain dissatisfied, please contact one of the following staff members depending on the nature of your complaint:
For complaints about Fellowship please contact Samantha Fletcher
Phone: 020 7451 6939
For all other complaints please contact Liz Vinton at:
Phone: 020 7451 6883
How does the Complaints Procedure work?
- It’s always better if you can let us know your complaint straight away. You can make a complaint in writing to the relevant person mentioned above.
- We will send you a letter or email to acknowledge your complaint and asking you to confirm or expand on the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 10 working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. We will endeavour to complete the investigation within a calendar month. However, depending on the nature and complexity of the complaint we may take longer, in which case we will let you know the revised date.
- Following our investigation, we will send a detailed response to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within five working days of us completing the investigation.
- If you still think you have cause for dissatisfaction, you can ask the Chief Operating Officer to look into your complaint. You must do this within one calendar month from the date of issue of the response to your complaint.
- The Chief Operating Officer will then either look at your complaint personally, or appoint another senior member of staff (with no previous dealings with your case) to investigate and they will send you a reply in writing within 20 working days.
Download RSA's Complaint form (Word Document). Please fill it in and send it back to us by email or post.