The RSA Inclusive Growth Commission will run four evidence hearings across the country during the course of its inquiry. The second is in Plymouth, and will call upon senior leaders to give evidence to the Commission in a series of three panel sessions, followed by a roundtable.
The Evidence Hearing will run from 9:00am - 12:15pm, followed by a seminar 12:30pm - 2:30pm. You are welcome to join us as an observer in the Evidence Hearing, as a participant in seminar, or both.
As part of the Heart of the South West devolution partnership, Plymouth has a role to play in the future of the region's growth. This is a real opportunity for power to be distributed to the South West, and given the partnerships between Councils, an opportunity to work together for shared benefit - social as well as economic. How can Plymouth maximise its opportunity to shape both what Plymouth is and what it wants to be, and how can we ensure everybody benefits - both in the city and in the wider city region?
The evidence gathered through the hearing will serve to enhance the Commission’s understanding of how the inclusive agenda plays out at a place level, and will be used to inform the development of our findings and recommendations.
Those giving evidence include:
- Sam Philpott, Chaplain to Bishop of Plymouth, Plymouth Fairness Commission
- Dafydd Moore, Pro-Vice-Chancellor Research and Enterprise Plymouth University
- Tracey Lee, Chief Executive Plymouth City Council
- Michael Lyons, Non-executive Chairman, English Cities Fund and Participle Ltd
- Ian Shipperley, Commodore, HM Naval Base Devonport Royal Navy
- Roger Pipe, General Manager, Millfields Trust
- Kate Nicholls, Creative Director, Sponge
- Stephen Hindley, Chief Executive, Midas Group Ltd
- Chris Garcia, Chief Executive, Heart of the South West LEP
- David Young, Director, The Una Group
Further opportunities will be available to provide additional information to the Commission, including submitting evidence to the Commission.
To find out more contact email@example.com or visit www.thersa.org/inclusivegrowthcommission.