Please join us for this special conference, initiated by the RSA Fellows' Media, Creative Industries, Culture and Heritage Network.
One aim of the event is to promote discussion of the ways in which culture should and actually adds effectively to any nation's external relations. The event will also serve as a springboard or precursor to the 2018 Year of European Cultural Heritage, and the UK National Co-Ordinator is speaking. Please see the special note below regarding registration.
Speakers to date include:
- His Excellency Dr Martin Eichtinger, Austria
- The Rt Hon Sir David Edward KCMG PC QC FRSA FRSE, retired Judge of the ECJ (1992-2004) and retired President, CCBE (Scotland)
- Consul General Dr Mark Hanniffy, Ireland
- Ms Dana Linnet, Senior Manager, Government Affairs, International Programmes, Lockheed Martin Corporation, USA
- Dr Rupert Graf Strachwitz FRSA, Executive Director, Maecenata Foundation, Germany
- Dr John Francis FRSE, Former Chairman, UK National Commission for UNESCO, Scotland
- Dr Eutimio Tiliacos, Vatican Foundation, Italy
- Mark Muller Stuart QC FRSA, Beyond Borders, Scotland
- Graham Bell FRSA, Director, NECT; Council Member, Europa Nostra; Director, Hungarian Renaissance Foundation and UK National Co-ordinator for 2018 European Year of Cultural Heritage, England
- Janet Archer, CEO Creative Scotland
- David Fajolles, Europa Nova.
This event is free to attend, however, in recognition of the generosity of the sponsors and funders, the right is reserved to invoice any "no show" for the full per head costs. Therefore, if you find you are unable to attend, please let us know by 10:00am on 21 November so places may be re-allocated.
If you have any access requirements or require any reasonable adjustments, please let the organiser, Ann Packard, know: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also let us know if you have any dietary requirements or severe allergies.
Location: French Consulate, Lothian Chambers, 59-63 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1RN