Join us for an online workshop, featuring presentations from Kirsty Kenney, representing our new crowdfunding partner Spacehive, and Chris Romer-Lee FRSA (expert in civic crowdfunding). This will be followed by a chance to ask questions and workshop ideas.
The RSA takes great pride in supporting Fellow-led projects, and crowdfunding support is just one of the ways we do this. Crowdfunding involves:
- Identifying a key part of your project that needs funding
- Creating a project page to publish online (we partner with Kickstarter and Spacehive)
- Promoting to the public, so they can pledge funds to help your project to completion.
We have had many projects successfully funded on Kickstarter, and we are thrilled to announce our partnership with Spacehive, a crowdfunding platform for projects that improve local places.
The session will include:
- An introduction to crowdfunding and Spacehive (Kirsty Kenney, Spacehive)
- Case study and experience from crowdfunding projects undertaken by architects of Studio Octopi (Chris Romer-Lee FRSA)
- How the RSA can support Fellows' crowdfunding projects (Amy Butterworth, Engagment Manager, RSA)
- Q&A and an opportunity to workshop ideas
Come along if you want to know more, know better, or share your own experiences. If you have specific questions for the speakers, or a project you would like some feedback on, please do let us know.
Please bear in mind that Spacehive is a UK-based organisation, and can only support projects in the UK. You are, of course, still welcome to join and find out more about crowdfunding, from wherever you are.
If you have any access requirements or require any reasonable adjustments, please let the team know: email@example.com
Location: Online event