Freelance Camera Operators
The RSA runs one of the UK’s most exciting and ambitious programmes of public debate and events, providing a platform for leading international public thinkers and inspirational practitioners. With over 150 events a year events a year, it is one of the country’s most powerful public resources, bringing important social, political and economic issues to a wide audience. We attract world-class leaders and thinkers such as Brené Brown, Ban Ki-moon, Judith Rodin and David Attenborough.
We are looking for exceptional camera operators to join our pool of freelancers to film and live-stream our weekly events. You’ll communicate closely with the gallery and vision-mixer during broadcasts and then be required to batch and log rushes at the end of each event.
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Film required footage and live broadcast all events.
- Work with the vision-mixer and Video Producer to ensure all events in the calendar are covered.
- Assist with the set up and running of events requiring live streaming and or filming.
- Be responsible for equipment at all times while on location and ensure all equipment is pack down and stored correctly.
- Batch and catalogue rushes after each event.
- Report to Video Producer.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Exceptional camera operating skills (Essential)
- Familiarity with a range of Sony cameras inc EX1, AX1, FS 5.(Desirable)
- Familiar with OS X operating system and camera asset management. (Essential)
- Willingness to work evening. (Essential)
- Able to quickly and professionally adapt to changing situations. (Essential)
Our events take place at the RSA’s headquarters in central London, but our online platforms enable these events to reach a huge global audience – the ‘RSAnimate’ series has been a phenomenal viral success on YouTube, we are the number one not-for-profit channel on iTunes, and our new iPhone app is boosting our total channel views to well over 10 million.
If you are interested in joining our pool of camera operators send over your CV and Showreel to: