Sub-groups are one of the key ways the Sustainability Network can take action on specific issues. The sub-groups are out-come focused, so each group aims to produce a physical output such as an event, a report, a think piece, an industry resource, a webpage etc. Because the Network is largely coordinated by volunteers, the aim is that sub-groups will be self-driven. Several sub-groups networks have been created so far and more are forming you can find out more about these and how you can get involved below.
Several other sub-groups are currently in the early stages of development. These are listed below – please get in touch with the lead contact if you are interested in getting involved in these themes and might be interested in getting involved in a developing a subgroup.
- Sustainability impact of RSA activities - Professor Wendy Purcell email@example.com
- Visual resource of sustainable products - Hilda Varley firstname.lastname@example.org
- User Centred Design - Merryn Haines-Gadd M.Haines-Gadd@brighton.ac.uk
- Benchmarks for householder resource use - Tanuja Pandit email@example.com
- Quality manufacturing; the RSA Medal; Key Products; Infrastructure; RSA Quality Mark - Clive Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performance of Re-use businesses - Gerrard Fisher email@example.com
- Securitisation and Finance for Sustainability - Sustainability Network Exec Robin Dickinson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sustainable Development Goals Deployment Freespace - Sustainability Network Exec Robin Dickinson email@example.com
FORMING SUBGROUPS AND THEMES
In line with the full title of the RSA: The Royal Society of the Arts, Manufacturing and Commerce, the Sustainability Network has identified 3 core themes to underpin the formation of new Sub Groups, together with a fourth all encompassing theme of ‘Other Sustainability’.
So, for example, new Sub group outcomes might be related to: Sustainable Towns; Resource efficient manufacturing; Sustainable Energy; Sustainable Food; Sustainable Land management; Anti-corruption; Social enterprises or anything else that you believe to be important.
If you have an idea for another sub-group and are happy to lead it: please let us know by emailing the Chair, Susan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org and RSA London Manager, Charlotte Bayley at email@example.com briefly giving the topic, the outcome, and your contact details. We will then circulate this information to the network calling for expressions of interest. If others are interested, we’ll put you in touch so that you can form a sub-group and take things forward.