For over 240 years Fellows have supported the development of RSA House ensuring it has remained a beacon of enlightenment values throughout the centuries. Will you invest in an enlightenment coffeehouse ﬁt for the 21st century?
Support the RSA's enlightenment coffeehouse by donating online using our partners BT MyDonate
Donate over the phone
Call us on +44 (0)20 7451 6902 to make a donation.
If you would like to meet to discuss supporting the coffeehouse contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7451 6902
A history of RSA House
The RSA was established in 1754 in an enlightenment coffeehouse called Rawthmell's. The first meetings of the RSA took place in various coffeehouses around London.
1774 - RSA House built by members Robert, William and James Adam
1922 - Freehold purchased for site and buildings for £42,000. Money raised through appeal to Fellows
1987- Successful appeal to Fellows to raise a third of the necessary £3m to convert the vaults. Conversion was completed in 1990
1984/87- Ron Gerard FRSA (Honorary Benefactor) contributed to the restoration of the Great Room Barry Paintings
2008 - Donation from Ron Gerard FRSA to refurbish the cafe, the Gerard Bar
2012 - Restoration of the ground floors and Great Room of RSA House, part funded by Fellows.
2018 - Redevelopment of the lower floors of RSA House to create a coffeehouse dedicated to creating a 21st century enlightenment. Fellows vote to name the coffeehouse Rawthmell's.
The Future - The coffeehouse becomes a place where great ideas are born and disseminated around the world, creating fulfilling lives and a flourishing society
We have organised some special ways to say thank you for any contribution you can make towards the enlightenment coffeehouse.
- All donors will receive a postcard exclusive to the RSA featuring a design from the new coffeehouse.
- £50 - Your name will appear in the RSA journal
- £200 - We will send you a print based on exclusive RSA archive material from the Great Exhibition
- £500 - We would like to invite you to attend a launch party for the coffeehouse where you can meet some of the people behind the project, in addition to the gifts listed above
- £1,500 - Your name will be displayed in the house as a supporter, in addition to the gifts listed above
- £3,000 - We would like to invite you to lunch with our Chief Executive, Matthew Taylor, in addition to the gifts listed above
- £6,000 - We will name one of the tiers on our innovative Hellerup Amphitheatre after you, in addition to all of the gifts listed above
If you would like to donate a higher amount please get in touch at email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7451 6902