Eat, Share, Live workshops: Registration now live
Are you working on Brief 6, Eat, Share, Live, of the 2017/18 Student Design Awards? If so, then join us for a workshop led by renowned kitchen designer Johnny Grey in Newcastle, London or Dundee. It's free to attend, but registration is essential.
The workshops will...
- Reset your perception of what a kitchen can be. We will look at new food and health trends, emerging spatial design concepts and look through the wider media landscape of film and TV at how this has affected kitchen design - reviewing The Hateful Eight, Harry Potter, Friends and Big Brother amongst others...
- Explore spatial sociology through ageing, generational habits, health and accessible design issues, along with opportunities for innovation revealed at the Smart Kitchen Summits in Toyko and Seattle. We will explore what impacts robots, AI and Deliveroo can make to the future of the kitchen.
- Use exercises in story-telling to help discover live problems from user-clients, so our design briefs have real legs, developing new insights. We will also review the National Innovation Centre for Ageing's work in this area.
Sign up through the Eventbrite links below:
- Newcastle workshop: Thursday 23 November, 11:00-15:00
- London workshop: Friday 8 December, 12:30-16:30
- Dundee workshop: Tuesday 16 January, 10:30-14:30
We would like to thank Blum, Blanco, Buckinghamshire New University and The Kitchen Education Trust for sponsoring this workshop.