• RSA Chairman's Annual Lecture 2014

    We’re delighted to announce that Sir Martin Davidson, Chief Executive of the British Council will deliver this year’s Chairman’s Lecture following the Annual General Meeting.

    Tuesday 7 October, 6.30pm
  • Powers to Grow: City finance and governance

    The latest report from the RSA City Growth Commission suggests that the time is now for central government to grant further decentralisation and devolution to certain metros, for the good for the UK economy as a whole.

    Read the report
  • Political Order and Political Decay

    Influential political scientist Francis Fukuyama and leading economic commentator Martin Wolf consider how the institutions of liberal democracy must evolve to meet the needs of a changing world.

    Wednesday 24 September, 1pm
  • AGM, Trustee Board and Fellowship Elections - Shape the RSA

    Voting has now opened for Fellows for Board Trustees and Fellowship Councillors, as well as proxy voting on AGM resolutions.

    Have your say
  • Latest RSA Journal out now

    The summer 2014 issue of the RSA Journal looks at a wide range of subjects including: creativity, innovation, change, business, learning, visualisation and society.

    Read the journal
  • RSA Shorts - Anyone Can Change the World

    What if you really could change the world? In this empowering RSA Short Jody Williams, Nobel Peace Prize winner, explains why it is so important that we strive to make a difference.

    Watch the latest RSA Short
  • RSA Fellows deliver capacity, commitment and innovation to communities from the global to the local.

    About the Fellowship

    A global network of individuals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines who deliver capacity, commitment and innovation to communities globally to the locally. Our Catalyst fund supports Fellow-led ideas that aim to have a tangible and positive social impact.

    Get involved
  • About the RSA

    About the RSA

    The RSA: meeting 21st century challenges by showcasing ideas, undertaking innovative research and building civic capacity around the world.

    Find out more

Featured videos

Watch Lynda Gratton at the RSA

Corporations as a Force for Good

Lynda Gratton is an organisational change expert

Watch Matthew Taylor's speech on the Power to Create

Power to Create

Matthew Taylor is chief executive of the RSA

Watch RSA directors explore the Power to Create

The Great Disruption: Unleashing the power to create

With Adam Lent, Anthony Painter, Rowan Conway and Sophie Thomas

See all 565 videos

Latest from Action and Research Centre

RSA Action and Research Centre puts enlightened thinking to work in practical ways

The Telegraph - Westminster must grant our cities the same powers it's giving Scotland

If London deserves at least as much independence as Scotland, it must surely follow that Manchester should have similar devolved powers to those that ...

More about ARC

Every child should have an education in arts and culture

Joe Hallgarten says: Vikki Heywood, chair of the RSA, argues that a strong cultural education is vital for the UK's social and economic future....

More blog posts

Events coming up

24

Sep

Political Order and Political Decay

Influential political scientist Francis Fukuyama tells the story of mankind’s emergence as a political animal, the development of state, law and democracy, and explores the modern landscape - with its uneasy tension between dictatorships and liberal democracies – arguing that in the US, and in other developed democracies, unmistakable signs of decay have emerged.

25

Sep

Inequality and the 1%

Leading social geographer Danny Dorling unpacks the latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1 percent impact the remaining 99%.

More Events