Our new Central Changemakers series offers an interactive space to hear from changemakers and to meet Fellows from across the region
Join RSA Central on a Wednesday lunchtime for an informal online talk. You’ll hear from a speaker about their story of social change and what they’ve learnt about effective changemaking, followed by a chance to discuss the topic of the day or anything else on your mind, in small breakout rooms. We start at 1pm and we’ll be finished by 1.45pm, allowing you to enjoy your Wednesday lunch break with inspiring speakers and interesting colleagues.
In February, we'll be joined by:
8 February: Migrant Leaders – could you mentor a young person to excel?
Elham Fardad came to the UK from Iran aged 13, and enjoyed a finance career in blue chip companies. Troubled by the underrepresentation of people from ethnic minorities and migrant backgrounds in management and professional roles, Elham set out to change this. She set up Migrant Leaders to equip every young migrant, regardless of background, with the capabilities to fulfil their leadership potential. Join us to hear her story – and how you could help as a mentor to a young person.
22 February: more details to follow!
The event is free to attend and open to all, Fellows and non-Fellows. Please feel free to invite a friend or colleague!
Previous events in this series included:
- 14 September: Simon Redding FRSA – Barrow Hill Memorial Hall in community hands
- 28 September: Nina Goswami FRSA – 50:50 The Equality Project
- 12 October: Jo Burns-Russell FRSA – How I Implemented the Four Day Week at Amplitude Media
- 26 October: Rebecca Seignior – Larkrise Community Land Trust: affordable homes in community hands
- 9 November: Rachel Sharpe FRSA – Creative Placemaking with the Royal Shakespeare Company
- 23 November: Naomi Gann – Acorn UK: making renting fairer, safer and more secure
- 11 January: Sally Sheinman FRSA – Artists in Residence
Taking part in Online Events
Zoom call joining details will be sent out via email in advance of the event.
If you have any access requirements or require any reasonable adjustments to support your participation, please let the team know by emailing: [email protected].
We sometimes record our online RSA Fellowship events for learning purposes, publicity and/or public viewing. By attending this event, you accept that you may appear in RSA videos or images as an attendee of this event.