Benefits of working at the RSA
Alongside the opportunity to work with pioneering people to resolve the challenges of our time, the RSA also offers a great reward and benefits package.
We are proud of our commitment to fairness and inclusivity in our ways of working and pay and promotion practices:
- We regularly benchmark our salaries against the job market, and undertake annual pay reviews gives all employees the opportunity for salary progression.
- We run bi-annual promotion cycles and if people take on more responsibility during the year, we ensure they are rewarded for it.
- All job vacancies are advertised openly and internal candidates can apply.
- We publish our salary ranges for roles at all levels in the organisation.
- All new roles are job evaluated to ensure equity of grading and salary levels.
- We operate hybrid-flexible working and many of our roles can enjoy the benefits of working in the office for 3 days a week and work from anywhere on the other 2 days (pro rata for those who work part-time). A number of our team work remotely and we work hard to ensure maximum inclusion.
We offer a range of great benefits to our people in all roles including:
- Annual leave - 29 days per year (including Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to five additional days
- Wellbeing and benefits allowance paid monthly worth up to £420 per annum
- Generous pension scheme of 5.5 % employer contribution
- 1:1 coaching with a professional external coach
- Staff social clubs and networks, including a monthly book club, a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion hub, free weekly yoga sessions and various inclusive interest groups
- Food and drink - 10% discount in our Coffeehouse plus free-flowing hot drinks in our office spaces
- Income protection scheme and life assurance
- Enhanced family leave and pay
- An Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7 for all staff and their direct household
- Staff Fellowship - free throughout employment plus one year after leaving the RSA then 50% discount for life
- Free access to our library
- A great working environment of our wonderful building of heritage: RSA House for everybody who is London-based
- Plus a variety of benefits such as salary sacrifice cycle scheme, health and dental plans, season ticket loans, gym discounts, etc.
Facts and figures
Recent audits of our staff demographics and pay and benefits demonstrate:
- 24.5 % of our people enjoy a flexible working pattern.
- 65 % of our team are women and this percentage is reflected in our most senior team.
- 24% of our team are from minority ethnic backgrounds which reflects the ONS statistics of the working population in London.
- 8% of our team are from the LGBTQIAP+ community
- 7% of our people describe as having a disability
- The RSA’s (mean) gender pay gap is -3.9%. This indicates that women employees overall have slightly higher pay than men.
- There is no bias of salary levels for people within our team who have a disability and/or are from a minority ethnic background and/or the LGBTQIAP+ community.
External consultants undertaking a pay and benefits audit during financial year 21-22 commented: “… in overall terms, the analysis of diversity information indicates that the RSA is an exemplar employer for both diversity and pay equality”.