Diversity, equity and inclusion
As a social change organisation, we believe in a world that is resilient, rebalanced and regenerative, where everyone can fulfil their potential.
To achieve our ambitions, we know we must nurture a culture of inclusion in all of our work - within our projects, with our Fellows, partners and communities and in our building of heritage.
We commit to celebrating, inspiring and making way for diverse changemakers. This means we have a responsibility to challenge systemic inequity and all forms of discrimination including racism:
- We will not accept unfair discrimination or less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, disability, socio-economic background or status, age, marriage and civil partnership or pregnancy and maternity.
- Our Fellowship Charter commits us to treating others with honesty, dignity and respect and refusing to engage in or support any form of harassment, bullying or unfair discrimination.
- Our research and programmatic work is designed to facilitate maximum participation and to be accessible.
- We seek content from a plurality of voices and perspectives across the globe.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) principles and expectations underpin our policies and processes.
- In partnership with our DE&I hub comprising staff and Fellows, we explore our history and create spaces for reflection about belonging at the RSA.
- We actively seek suppliers and partners who demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
We regularly revisit and update our DE&I commitments and run a detailed action-plan to make ongoing improvements.
Become an RSA Fellow
The RSA Fellowship is a unique global network of changemakers enabling people, places and the planet to flourish.