11:00-12.30 BST, Thursday 7 October 2021 (Online)
Place-based Learning Network
We are launching a new Place-Based Learning Network to share and celebrate the insights from learning practitioners across the UK and the globe, including those coming out of the RSA’s own Cities of Learning programme.
Our intention is to create a space to innovate, share experience and generate a new ‘commons’ of knowledge and practice in place-based learning, shaped by our members.
Who can join?
We are looking for individuals, organisations, and local authorities keen to make a change in the learning ecosystem around them, who have an entrepreneurial, open and collaborative mindset and want to champion innovative place-based practice. You may be (but not limited to):
- Skills and Employability, Adult Education officers
- Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Independent educators, teachers
- Civic and cultural organisations
- Learning providers, charities, voluntary and community organisations
- Employers and members of chambers of commerce
Areas of interest:
Lifelong learning, cross-sector convening, systemic innovation, informal and non-formal learning, alternative accreditation, digital badging, future of work, reskilling / upskilling, pathways to employment, cultural and civic engagement, connected learning, accessibility, diversity and inclusion
Benefits of joining the network
Our network is free for anyone to join, and comes with the following benefits:
- Build a collaborative network with a diverse community of practitioners to share your innovations and challenges with and shape the landscape of place-based learning in the UK with.
- Gain access to a bank of open resources - including research, case studies and tools from RSA and partners; regular calendar of events, talks, and workshops; online knowledge-sharing space.
- Partner or apply for funded innovation and research programmes, including support to join the RSA fellowship and access ‘catalyst funding’ opportunities.
What will we do?
The Place-Based Learning Network is devoted to understanding and improving the impact of learning in place for people of all ages. Guided by the expertise and needs of our members, this network will collaborate and share knowledge, creativity, tools and ideas for ways to build local connected learning.
We want to do this through*:
- A monthly e-newsletter that shares network updates, stories, resources, and opportunities.
- An online space where we connect to share resources, challenges, ideas and successes.
- A regular rhythm of events (webinars, workshops) by the RSA, Cities of Learning partners, and members of this network.
- Virtual networking opportunities.
*These are suggested methods of engagements that we hope to adapt and add to with recommendations from the network.
How to join the network
You can choose your level of engagement in our network – from casual observer to full Cities of Learning place-based leader. We will be happy to provide support for you to deepen your engagement at any time.
As a first step, complete this survey to let us know how you would like to engage with the network and help us shape what effective participation and knowledge-sharing and shaping looks like.