HomeGrownPlus have partnered with the Pratt Institute School of Architecture, to offer ten young people from non-traditional backgrounds a trip to New York from 16-24 July.
Part 1 architecture students from non-traditional backgrounds have a much higher dropout rate (17%) than more traditional students (10%). Subsequently HomeGrownPlus are laying down the foundations to redress this imbalance, so that in years to come architectural practices will be able to draw from a much richer diverse group of young talented creatives.
This opportunity is open to applicants aged 21-26, in or just finished Part I, or taking an extended year out. Flights, hotel, meals and local travel in NYC will be covered.
• Learn about architecture at the Pratt Institute School of Architecture
• Visit the New York studios of some of the world’s most renowned architects
• Be inspired by iconic buildings across the city
• Explore built environment problems and solutions
• Build a network of friends, contacts, and life experiences
To apply and for more details: homegrownplus.co.uk/2022/05/24/ny-lon
HomeGrownPlus is a not for profit organisation founded by Neil Pinder FRSA to address issues of diversity in architecture and beyond.