The Centre for Sustainable Design (CfSD) at the University for the Creative Arts (UCA) invites RSA Fellows to take part in a free webinar exploring the application of Circular and regenerative design to digital technologies and energy systems.
Date & Time: Tuesday 11 July at 2:00-3:30pm BST (3:00-4:30pm CET)
Location: Online via Zoom
Registration: please email your name, position and organisation to Ros on [email protected] to book your place free of charge.
The webinar will aim to:
- Share state-of-the-art knowledge on regenerative and circular design practices for different product categories.
- Identify gaps in current conceptualization and design practices.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the implementation of regenerative and circular design for products.
- Identify strategies and policies to support the uptake of regenerative and circular design practices and business models.
This webinar is part of a series which started with a webinar in mid-June, as a side event to the Word Circular Economy Forum (WCEF). It will focus on laptops, solar panels, and sports gear due to their environmental impacts and potential for applying regenerative and circular design principles. Participants include experts, practitioners, and representatives from various sectors, including design industry representatives, policymakers, academics, and civil society organizations. The third stage of the series is a half-day, in-person focus group discussion taking place in October 2023, involving selected experts to delve deeper into strategies and policies.
The conference is co-chaired by:
Dr Patrick Schröder, Senior Research Fellow, Chatham House, and PhD Researcher at The Centre for Sustainable Design®, UCA
With interventions by:
- Dr Jan Konietzko, Maastricht Sustainability Institute, School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University
- Solange Blaszkowski, Director Standardization Environment at Philips
- Dr. Daniel Christian Wahl, Author of Designing Regenerative Cultures *
*To be confirmed
The event is free of charge but please email your name, position and organisation to Ros on [email protected] to book your place.
For more information, please see: Circular and Regenerative Design - The Centre for Sustainable Design (cfsd.org.uk)
Read more news from the Fellowship
Visit the Augmented Society Network’s 2023 unique and exciting exhibition which turns RSA House London into the portal through which you can explore the creative work of contributors from Bogota to Rabat, Las Vegas to London, and beyond.
The Fellowship is suppported by the Australian German Association and the Goethe-Institut to deepen the relationship between Australia and Germany and to support the development of future leaders in the community.