Calling all young changemakers! Learn, share and collaborate together to take action on climate change and biodiversity loss.
Dates: Friday 1 - Sunday 3 September 2023
Location: Furnace Brook, Sussex
Spaces are limited. Ticket sales close Sunday 27 August.
This September, the United Nations Association Climate & Oceans are hosting an exciting event for young changemakers to come together for Generation Restoration youth camp, Friday 1- Sunday 3 September in Furnace Brook, a 20-acre wildlife haven in Sussex. The weekend will offer young changemakers the opportunity to learn, share and collaborate with each other, and the weekend programme has been sculpted by our youth organisers to ensure that all contributions from attendees will be heard and their voices amplified. The overall objective is to share the outcomes through the UNA C&O Youth Council and forge new alliances with the organisations that come together. Sussex-based RSA Fellow, Alistair Gould, is one of the volunteer leads of this initiative.
Alongside their youth organisers, the team have structured a diverse programme with hands-on activities, talks from key environmental speakers, panels and workshops. As much as this programme is about learning ways to restore our ecosystems with like-minded people, it’s also about nourishing our own ‘mental ecosystems’ in a wholesome way surrounded by the tranquillity of Furnace Brook, a place where nature & creativity flourish!
We are delighted to extend this Fellow-led opportunity to the younger members of our Fellowship community (18-25 years). If you are passionate about environmental protection, conservation, and social justice, and would like to take part in this varied weekend programme this autumn, read on to find out more.
To book your ticket, visit the Generation Restoration Youth Camp 2023 ticket page before Sunday 27 August to secure your place. Spaces are extremely limited, and tickets cost between £70-140. All ticket sale profits go towards operational costs and delivery of the programme.
The team are looking for youth representative(s) with the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Good at problem solving
- Thrives as part of a team
- Has some experience participating in environmental campaigns, initiatives or events
We hope your representative(s) will leave the weekend…
- Empowered to take action on climate change and biodiversity loss
- Having gained education in concrete actionable steps in order to become a more effective changemaker
- Learnt steps on how to communicate the urgency of the environmental crisis
- Understanding the need for collective and systemic action
- Feeling rejuvenated from connecting with nature and making new friends along the way!
Find out more about key speakers, facilitators and contributors:
- Bella Lack Conservationist and Activist
- Gonzalo Alvarez Chair of United Nations Association C&O
- Pooran Desai, OBE Founder, One Planet Living
- John D. Liu Founder, Ecosystem Restoration Camps Foundation
- Jae Mather CEO, The Carbon Free Group
- Prof. Rupert Read Co-Founder, The Climate Majority Project