Switchback is an intensive rehabilitation programme that helps 18-30 year old male offenders (Trainees) stick to their commitment to live life differently after release from prison. They are now recruiting for a part-time Policy & Impact Officer to help further their aims.
Switchback are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious self-starter to join a small but ambitious organisation. You must have excellent communications skills, be comfortable with and inquisitive of complex data, a good knowledge of the criminal justice sector, and be able to influence and represent policy themes to a range of stakeholders. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to shape and develop a new influencing and impact function within a small charity.
The deadline for applications is Monday 13th March at 10am.
The new Policy & Impact Officer position is a part-time post that will support the CEO and the rest of a busy team. You will:
- Track the changes in the criminal justice context, identifying and planning for what is upcoming and how to position Switchback
- Produce your own content, feeding into parliamentary debates and responding to consultations
- Arm the CEO for the wider conversation, identifying together Switchback’s space in the debate on justice reform
- Bring data to life, track trends and put it to best use by manipulating and extracting data for the purposes of influencing practical positive change internally and externally
- Manage and develop our Trainee Database and reports, ensuring data is of high quality and recorded accurately
Reporting to: CEO / Interim CEO
Location: Spitalfields, London
Salary: £30 -35,000 pro rata
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Duration: 12 month contract
Switchback's mission is to change the way that Trainees think about and participate in society; over half of their Trainees have successfully moved on to make this profound positive change and live life differently. Their reoffending rate is less than a third of the national average.
If you are passionate about enabling young adult offenders to lead stable rewarding lives, please get in touch!
For more information about the role and how to apply, please download the Application Pack from their website: http://www.switchback.org.uk/get-involved/careers/