An informal, interactive, half day event aimed to raise the awareness and skills level of anybody engaged in raising funds for schools. The seminar will be led by Nick Ryan, Principal of Vantage Fundraising and author of Raising Funds for Your School (Charity First Series, 2017). Each delegate will receive a free copy of the book.
Date: Tuesday 6 November 2018
Venue: London Academy of Excellence Tottenham, 780 High Road, London, N17 0BX
The seminar will include:
- Donor Motivations – what factors drive donors to give; how you should approach different types of donor
- The Case for Support – how to articulate and develop a comprehensive and convincing case for support
- Fundraising Stages – the typical stages of a successful fundraising request
- Fundraising Sources – information on fundraising directories and other sources of potential funders
- Campaigns – how to bring your fundraising together into unified and coherent campaigns
- Ethical Considerations – factors that might stop you accepting a donation; how to draw up an ethical policy before you begin fundraising
- Mistakes to Avoid – some common fundraising mistakes
Who Is It For?
The Schools Fundraising Seminar will be useful to anyone engaged in raising money for schools, or motivating others to do so, including: Headteachers, School Business Managers, School Governors, PTA Chairs - or anyone else helping to secure new resources for the education sector.