About Action and Research Centre
The RSA Action and Research Centre is driven by the conviction that we are living through a period which could prove to be just as exciting and just as fraught with risk as the era in which the RSA was founded. New technologies and the drive of a new generation of entrepreneurs is remaking our world and opening up great prospects for business, public services and education. Insights from the worlds of design, psychology and the arts add to the sense of dynamism and progress.
The context may be new but the belief in releasing human potential as the key to seizing new opportunities remains undimmed.
This conviction can be seen in the scale and inventiveness of our projects;
- The Great Recovery is a major partnership with the Government's Technology Strategy Board to use design thinking to create new enterprises in the sphere of closed loop manufacturing.
- A network for entrepreneurs under thirty will allow young business people to secure support from the RSA's unique range of assets.
- Community Campus will see the RSA help drive the radical decentralisation and restructuring of public services in Wiltshire.
- And the RSA will now be helping deliver drug and alcohol recovery services in Kent in accord with our influential Whole Person Recovery principles.
- the RSA/Pearson Commission on academy schools;
- the Citizen Power Peterborough programme;
- the Connected Communities project on social networks and well-being.
In these and all other practical work, RSA ARC will seek to learn and share lessons which can allow the innovative practices behind these projects to be applied elsewhere.