RSA Catalyst provides money and expertise to Fellow-led ideas that aim to have a positive social impact. It gives £100,000 every year to projects and ventures, and connects them to support from within the Fellowship.
Through Catalyst, your ideas are tested; not just in theory, but in practice. Catalyst support is for Fellows. If you are not currently a Fellow, find out how to become one.
Can RSA Catalyst help your idea?
What RSA Catalyst offers?
Catalyst has supported many successful ventures since its launch in 2010, giving £100,000 every year to Fellow-led ideas. You could receive:
- Initial grants of £1,000-£2,000
- Additional grants of £5,000
- RSA staff will match your venture to Fellows who have volunteered their time and expertise through the SkillsBank
- RSA staff will approach other Fellows to participate
- Raise awareness of your project through our public platforms
As well as the Catalyst guidelines, you can also read about Catalyst-supported ideas on the RSA blog or browse the complete list of ideas awarded a Catalyst grant since April 2010.
How to apply
- Read the Catalyst guidelines (below) for more about what help is available, the criteria and process, and some successful case studies.
- Next, take a look at an example of a successfully-completed application form, [PDF, 52KB]
- Download, complete and return the application form. After submitting it, the Fellowship Programme team will work, with the help of Fellows, to strengthen your application - giving you the opportunity to make amendments.
Download the Catalyst guidelines (PDF, 20KB)
The next deadlines for project ideas are 26 May, 7 July and 18 August. After the deadline, the Fellowship Programme team will work, with the help of Fellows, to strengthen your application - giving you the opportunity to make amendments.
Other funding for Fellows' ventures
Catalyst works alongside regional and national venture funds, which in most cases award smaller grants. You can make the following regional/national funds aware of your funding request in the 'Amount required' section of the Catalyst application form:
Scotland Venture Fund
North West Venture Fund - email Nick Clifford FRSA for details
RSA Australia+NZ 3Ps (Passion, Proposals, Progress)
South Central Social Innovations Support Fund
West Midlands Venture Fund – email Keith Horsfall FRSA for details
RSA West Seed Fund
RSA United States Challenge Fund and the Diebold Young Fellow' Scholarship program
For further information, get in touch.