Help learners articulate the skills, knowledge and experience they develop through your activities.
Build a place-based programme
Build a Place-based programme
Our programme supports you to take an active role in shaping the learning ecosystem in your city or region.
About our place-based programme
It creates a framework to engage and connect employers and providers with learners. Our programme improves the learning ecosystem in your area through:
A smart, simple, and visual way of recognising non-accredited learning.
A process and platform to connect badges that help learners progress to their goals.
Platform and leadership training
Strategic and engagement support to help you build your programme.
Benefits of joining
Joining our programme will enable you to:
- support employability outcomes for hard-to-reach groups
- evidence and encourage cultural and civic participation
- create pathways to fill skills gaps in growth industries
- prepare young people for the future of work
- join up provision in your area to better address local skills problems.
To join our programme, you need to:
- have at least £60,000 to set up and start running your programme (we actively seek matched funding opportunities to support places to join)
- have relationships with learning providers and employers in your area
- provide the people and resources needed to deliver your programme.
We will provide the support, tools and training you need to establish and grow your programme. This includes services, product and network support:
Services support examples
- team training in badging, issuing, platform onboarding
- leadership mentoring
- research and consultation
- badging strategy development
- engagement strategy
- pathways development
- national partnerships
- impact evaluation.
Product support examples
- digital badging licences
- licences for Navigatr app.
Network support examples
- engagement events
- knowledge sharing events
- badge template sharing
- fundraising support.
Email us to find out how you can join Cities of Learning in your city or region.
When you email, please include your:
- city or region
- name and position, and the name of your organisation
- approximate budget.