Leading social geographer Danny Dorling unpacks the latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1 percent impact the remaining 99%.
Inequality in the UK is increasing. More and more people are being driven towards the poverty line, and this has deep cultural and social impacts.
Even before birth, being born outside the 1% will have dramatic effect on the rest of your life: reducing life expectancy, educational and work prospects, as well as mental health.
Leading social geographer Danny Dorling visits the RSA to unpack the latest research into how the lives and ideas of the 1 percent impact the remaining 99%, revealing that inequality is about much more than just economics.
Speaker: Danny Dorling, professor of geography, University of Oxford.
Chair: Zoe Williams, columnist, the Guardian
For more information contact RSA Public Events at:
+44 (0)20 7451 6868