This event has now been cancelled / postponed. If you booked a space on this event, please await an email with further details. We do apologise for the inconvenience.
Join Bournemouth University and local Fellows in this exploration of what makes communities 'compassionate', and how to grow them at the local level.
The day has been organised and run by local Fellows Helen Gormley, Andy Mayers, and Peter Jones in partnership with Bournemouth University. This event will aim to define what we mean by (Growing) Compassionate Community and how we can achieve this at a local level.
This one-day event highlights the importance of individuals coming together to share learning and experience both personally and professionally in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The purpose of this planned event will be:
- To explore and define what we mean by a compassionate community.
- To connect individuals and groups in this space at a local level across sectors.
- To bring sector representation giving a broad and cohesive spectrum for delivery.
- To collaborate on a shared vision for growing compassionate communities.
- To provide networking opportunities for local Fellows.
Outcomes of the planned event:
- To share the vision and next steps.
- To further progress thinking and inspiration for this agenda.
- To follow up nationally.
- To publish a report (TBC) with example vignettes.
All are welcome, and we hope you will take the opportunity to join us to help shape dialogue in Bournemouth around this important topic.
This event is free; however please sign up as there are limited spaces. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
If you have any access requirements or require any reasonable adjustments you have, please let the RSA team know: email@example.com.
Location: Executive Business Centre, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth University, BH8 8EB