This seminar brings together Vanguards, policy experts and practitioners from across health and social care and the third sector to explore how we can empower people and communities to take action for health and wellbeing at scale.
There will be authentic, interactive and practical conversation around the subject. The seminar will be attended by representatives from the Airedale vanguard.
Interactive sessions will include:
- Understand the health landscape, introducing Nesta’s report ‘The Power of People in Movements’
- Learn from key vanguard sites across England and from case studies over the UK and internationally
- Develop practical strategies to bring forward this agenda, as articulated in the Five Year Forward View
The key questions we will be considering with participants will be:
- Influencing – How can you influence others to achieve your aims and utilise current movements in health in your area?
- Spread – How can you learn from how behaviour and practices get spread and adopted through learning from successful health movements?
- Norms – How can you focus on changing unhealthy norms in order to improve health in their area?
This event is aimed at community activists, practitioners, policy makers, researchers, representatives from the 50 New Care Model vanguards and health and social care leaders beyond the vanguards.
To secure your ticket and for more information please contact Sam Grinsted:
Find out more about Health as a Social Movement