Join us for February's RSA US Virtual Salon!
The gender pay gap is a financial indicator of inequality in the United States, despite proactive efforts on behalf of innumerable individuals and organizations to shift this. It's a product of multiple different systemic factors that run deep in the veins of our history and society. Brush up on the facts by reading the suggested materials below, and come ready to dive in to this important conversation! Career coach and writer Octavia Goredema MBE, FRSA will be moderating this conversation.
The speakers that will be joining this conversation are:
- Courtney Seiter, Director of People at Buffer
- Gemma Lloyd, CEO at WORK180
- Lydia Frank, Vice President, Content Strategy at PayScale
- Deborah J. Vagins, Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Research at The American Association of University Women (AAUW)
Some questions that we will be discussing include:
- Why does the gender pay gap persist?
- Can new legislation solve the prevalent issues?
- How can employers correct the imbalance and close the gap?
To help set the stage for the conversation, please see the following resources:
- CNBC, January 30, 2019: Nancy Pelosi and Democratic lawmakers unveil the Paycheck Fairness Act in an effort to close the gender wage gap
- National Partnership for Women & Families: The Paycheck Fairness Act fact sheet
- Institute for Women’s Policy Research: Still a Man's Labor Market - The Slowly Narrowing Gender Wage Gap
- The American Association of University Women (AAUW): The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap