According to the 2020 Women in the Workplace study, one in four women are considering downshifting their careers or leaving the workforce altogether as a direct result of COVID-19.
Navigating your career during a crisis is stressful and isolating. We cannot let women fall behind. Hosted by the RSA’s Gender Equity Network, this Virtual Salon will bring together a distinguished panel to discuss how women can advocate for one another in the workplace.
Join us to discuss:
- How do you navigate your career during a crisis?
- How do you remain visible when you’re working remotely?
- What do you do when you don’t have a mentor?
Our moderator will be:
- Octavia Goredema MBE FRSA is the founder of Twenty Ten Agency, a career coaching company. Octavia’s forthcoming book, a career guide for under-represented women, will be published by Wiley. In addition to her work as a career coach and writer, Octavia is the co-host of HBR Now, Harvard Business Review’s weekly show centered on leadership. Octavia was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire by the Queen. She leads the Gender Equity Network for the RSA in the United States.
Our panelists will be:
- Bianca Chow is a Diversity and Inclusion leader at Ericsson. Prior to pivoting her career to the tech industry, Bianca launched Fossil Group’s inaugural D&I efforts and led initiatives in the areas of Global Operations, Marketing, Brand Management, and Sustainability during her 16+ year tenure at the global retail company. Bianca is a passionate champion for women and girls and supports nonprofits like Dallas Step Up Women’s Network, GenHERation, The Orchid Giving Circle at the Texas Women’s Foundation, and the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas.
- Mabel Frías is a Co-Founder of LUNA MAGIC, a beauty lifestyle company featured on Shark Tank Season 12 and a recipient of Glossier’s grant initiative program. An accomplished multilingual digital merchant, Mabel has more than a decade of experience at Fortune 200 companies and high-growth digital startups, including Macy’s, NordstromRack, One Kings Lane, Violet Grey. In her most recent corporate role as a Director of Digital Merchandising at Savage x Fenty (Lingerie by Rihanna), Mabel was responsible for art direction of model and product photography, as well as uncovering data insights to inform the digital customer experience.
- Kacey Short (she/her) is a Diversity Business Partner at Tinder. An experienced diversity, equity and inclusion advocate, Kacey is Tinder's first and only Diversity Business partner supporting upwards of 600 employees and consulting for their parent company, Match Group. Kacey’s mission is to ensure the workplace is inclusive and strategizes how to empower under-represented tech professionals.
This event is taking place on Thursday, February 18th between:
- 9 - 10am PST
- Noon - 1pm EST
- 5 - 6pm GMT
RSA US Virtual Salons occur on the third Thursday of each month; they aim to create open dialogue and a space for RSA US Fellows to connect across geography over the issues of our times. Join a Salon to get to know other RSA US Fellows and our interests, passions, and perspectives. Salons are supported through the moderation of a volunteer to ensure that a diversity of voices are heard. We invite all Fellows to join this discussion to deepen the ways we can connect with each other across the country!
Taking part in RSA online events
To access the log-in details to join this free event, please register in advance. Zoom information will be shared 48 hours, 2 hours, and 10 minutes prior to the event start time.
For our interactive online events, the RSA uses the platform Zoom. We have found it simple for participants to use while also providing the necessary functionality for an engaging online event.
While we record many of our online events, this event will not be recorded. However, by attending this online event you accept that you will be joining a video based call as a participant.
If you have any questions, or to let us know of any access requirements or reasonable adjustments you require, please email: email@example.com.