Join the Augmented Society Network for a journey of discovery with the constant destination of positive change.
As humans, we have an innate desire to have certainty in our lives. At the Augmented Society Network, we want to challenge one aspect of this certainty, that of assumed knowledge, through challenging and wonderfully uncomfortable conversations that leave us and all participants open to other inputs, knowledge, and expertise. Together we can learn from one another, and partake in a lifelong journey of discovery and positive change.
We have identified many key themes for this year’s sessions, including;
- The importance of understanding and embracing difference and how it helps us to see beyond our own bias
- Inequalities experienced by many and how it impacts lives
- Imagining a future when humans can no longer sustain life on Earth
- The impact of climate change and the potential use of technologies in slowing down its effects
The role of social media in discussions about gender, race, and identity
- Understanding why we look to technology to fix human-made problems we don’t want to accept responsibility for
- The use of technology for immoral and/or unethical gain
The list is huge and all of the topics are relevant, so the Augmented Society Network invites you to join us on our journey of discovery and share your thoughts, enthusiasm, and concerns. We want to encourage you to participate in the planning and shaping of these discussions so that we can create a more relevant series of sessions for 2022 and beyond. It will allow us to ensure voices are heard and provide opportunities for everyone’s thoughts and ideas to emerge.
Join the Augmented Society Network to discuss and identify:
- The most important conversations we need to have in 2022
- Self-awareness and the ability to choose how to think differently in decision making and being open to other ideas
- Enabling the zeitgeist to emerge and resisting the urge to plan beyond what is useful
- Understanding that uncertainty is key to discovering something new
Taking part in RSA online events
For our interactive online events, the RSA uses the platform Zoom. We have found it simple for participants to use while also providing the necessary functionality for an engaging online event.
We record many of our online events. By attending this online event you accept that you may appear in a RSA video as a participant. Our intention is to use any recording of this event for learning purposes and to document the content of the discussion. Currently we do not have plans to share this recording publicly, but may do so in the future.
If you have any questions, or to let us know of any access requirements or reasonable adjustments you require, please email: [email protected].
By registering for this event you consent to receiving communications about this event, both before and after, and you agree to the sharing of your name, organisation & title with the Fellow(s) and/or partner organisation(s) hosting this event. Attendees also agree to the sharing of your name and organisation with other delegates at the event so that they might contact you through MyRSA. If you do not wish this information to be shared, please let us know by emailing: [email protected].
The Augmented Society Network is an RSA US Thematic Network founded in 2019 by two RSA Fellows with a passion for humankind. The network meets to discuss the impact technology is having on society and will continue to have in the coming weeks, decades and centuries. To learn more about the Augmented Society Network, go to https://www.augmentedsociety.org/.