Student Design Awards information for educators
If you work in higher education and you’re using the RSA briefs in your curriculum, you can request a briefing from the RSA team.
These one-hour sessions provide an overview of the RSA design principles, briefs and competition process. They include examples of winning work along with tips, advice and stories from alumni.
In-person and video briefings by the RSA team are subject to our availability. In recent years demand has outstripped our capacity, so we have made an online pack which provides a session outline and a selection of film/image content tutors can select from to facilitate tailored briefing sessions.
Bespoke talks and workshops
The RSA Student Design Awards team can be booked to deliver bespoke sessions at your university conference or event. We regularly deliver talks and workshops on a range of topics including design education, design thinking, and design for social impact.
Please email email@example.com and we'll get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Key dates 2020-21
- Aug 2020: Briefs launch, registration opens
- 25 Jan 2021: Submissions open
- 10 Feb, 4pm GMT: Early bird submissions deadline (£25 entry fee)
- 10 Mar, 4pm GMT: Final submissions deadline (£35 entry fee)
- Mar - May: Judging (2 stages: shortlisting and interviews with finalists)
- 29 Jun: Awards ceremony