Our competition for emerging designers who want to make a difference.
Student Design Awards information for educators
If you work in higher education and you’re using the RSA briefs in your curriculum, you can request a briefing from the RSA team.
These one-hour sessions provide an overview of the RSA design principles, briefs and competition process. They include examples of winning work along with tips, advice and stories from alumni.
In-person and video briefings by the RSA team are subject to our availability. In recent years demand has outstripped our capacity, so we have made an online pack which provides a session outline and a selection of film/image content tutors can select from to facilitate tailored briefing sessions.
We have a simple system for schools that would like to pay for their students’ entries. We will share more information in January on how to set up payment on behalf of your student.
Bespoke talks and workshops
The RSA Student Design Awards team can be booked to deliver bespoke sessions at your university conference or event. We regularly deliver talks and workshops on a range of topics including design education, design thinking, and design for social impact.
Please email [email protected] and we'll get in touch to discuss your requirements.
In 2020, we introduced a global needs-based bursary fund which covered the entry fee for applicants outside of the United Kingdom who would otherwise have been unable to participate. This bursary will be available again and will open for applications in January 2023.
Key dates 2022-23
- Sep 2022: Briefs launch, register for a briefing session with the team
- Nov - Dec 2022: Free Workshops
- 31 Jan 2023: Submissions open
- 8 Feb 2023, 4pm GMT: Early bird submissions deadline (£25 entry fee)
- 8 Mar 2023, 4pm GMT: Final submissions deadline (£35 entry fee)
- Mar - May 2023: Judging (2 stages: shortlisting and interviews with finalists)
- Jun 2023: Winners announcement and Awards ceremony