This special event in collaboration with the Alzheimer’s Society and NHS England will bring together some of the cutting-edge insight that is emerging from the Health as a Social Movement programme.
The RSA is currently supporting NHS vanguard site Airedale and Partners as part of the Health as a Social Movement programme to support a culture shift in eight care homes in Leeds, Airedale, and the surrounding areas, which is being led by the Alzheimer’s Society.
This event will help connect RSA Fellows and Alzheimer Society programme leads together to share best practice and learn from their successes. This event will also showcase other work of RSA Fellows working to improve the quality of life of people living in care homes.
Join us at this special event in Leeds to spark new conversations and discover ideas that have the potential to become a powerful source for a culture shift in care homes and our associations with longevity.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
- 18:00 – Welcome and Introductions: Ian Burbidge, Associate Director, Public Services and Communities and Tim Straughan, Head of Patient Choice, NHS England
- 18.10 – Airedale Social Movement: Veronica Hawkins, Stakeholder Relations Manager (North), Alzheimer’s Society. Overview of care homes NHS Vanguard programme
- 18:25 – The role of the Alzheimer’s Society in creating culture change in care homes: Judith King, North of England Operations Manager, Alzheimer’s Society
- 18.35 – Redesigning care homes: a designers perspective: Adam Park, BDP architect and Research Associate on Sheffield University’s Designing for Wellbeing in Environments for Later Life (DWELL) project
- 18.45 – Technology in Care Homes: Reflective Learning and Practice: Lydia Hirst, Founder, Talk Reflection
- 18.55 – Plenary discussion: Q&A with speakers
- 19.10 – Open session and networking
- 19.30 – RSA wrap up and close.
As well as providing an opportunity to meet programme leads, this event will enable you to find out more about:
- The RSA's main areas of work in health and care
- Projects and ventures that are exploring how to create, inspire, develop, and sustain the care home as a community asset
- How you can engage with the RSA, our work, and our network of 28,000 Fellows - both in your local area and beyond.
To attend this free event, please register in advance.
Drinks will be available on arrival.
If you have any access requirements or require any reasonable adjustments, please let the team know: [email protected].
Location: City Workshop, The Tetley, Hunslet Road, Leeds, LS10 1JQ