Do you want a say in the future of the North? Join the debate about fairer, more inclusive growth at this partnership event, organised by the Transform Lives Company. We're excited to announce Anthony Painter, Director of the RSA's Action and Research Centre, will be leading the workshop "Universal Basic Income: Why a pilot for the North?"
The aim of the convention is to bring about a step change in the debate that puts people and communities at the heart of the Powerhouse plans. It invites the diverse community of the North to contribute their combined skills, expertise and influence, to debate policy, share best practice and what’s working and create a plan for the future together.
For more information, to buy your ticket or to contact the organisers, visit the Transform Lives booking page:
The Peoples Powerhouse.
Announcing keynote speakers Andy Burnham, Metro Mayor of Greater Manchester and Lord Victor Adebowale. Also:
- Peter Holbrook, CEO Social Enterprise UK
- Karen Finlayson, PWC
- Ed Cox, IPPR North
- Helen Pidd, Guardian Editor, North
- Francesca Heygi, Hull2017, Capital of Culture
- Fay Selvan, Big Life Group (Big Issue North)
- Jo Miller, President, SOLACE and Chief Executive Doncaster Council
- Nick Golding, Editor, Local Government Chronicle
Plus vibrant and engaging workshops:
- Universal Basic Income, why a pilot for the north?
Anthony Painter, Director of the RSA Action and Research Centre
- Behavioural insights: ‘nudge’ theory in increasing employment in the north?
Behavioural Insights Team North
- Do we really need 5 GCSEs to be a good employee?
Talent Match, GMCVO
- Devolution, tackling poverty and where are jobs going to come from in the North?
Tony Wilson, Learning and Work Institute; John Merry, deputy Mayor Salford, with Capita
- Pink Pound and Empowering People: maximising LGBT peoples social and economic contribution.
Sahir House, LJMU, Liverpool CCG
- Facilitating citizen’s participation; the experience of women in Oldham.
Happen CIC and Inspire Women Oldham
- The disability employment gap in the north, international examples of what works.
- Taking control of the North. Whose north is it anyway?
IPPR and Democratic Society
- A people’s powerhouse toolkit using the Outcome Star methodology.
- Inclusive Growth – how northern regions can deliver more.
JRF, Inclusive Growth Analysis Unit, University of Manchester
- Diversifying the rail industry: how, why, what.
- Civic leaders: transforming lives using employer volunteering.
University of Liverpool; Plus Dane Housing
- Community Anchors – place leadership, why small is beautiful, using places as assets.
- Leadership: challenges and opportunities; the state of women’s leadership in the north.
MMU, Common Purpose
- Collaborations with artists, creatives and heritage to create prosperity.
Rochdale council, LGA
- Grass Roots Growth: the north’s precious green infrastructure and as a powerful asset.
- Empty Homes Doctor, Leeds #peoplepoweredhomes.
Leeds city council
- Community Wealth Building, a reformed local economic model.
To buy your ticket, visit the Transform Lives booking page:
The Peoples Powerhouse.
Location: Keepmoat Stadium, Stadium Way, Doncaster, DN4 5JW.