Information for students
Student Design Awards Information for students
2023-24 represents a historic landmark for our celebrated design awards as we celebrate the 100th year of the Student Design Awards.
These prestigious awards are a unique opportunity for you to be part of the world’s longest-running competition and create innovative design-led solutions that address real-world social and commercial challenges.
By taking part, you'll be joining a century-strong alumni of incredible forward-thinking changemakers who have inspired a generation to tackle the challenges that face people, place and planet.
Creativity and innovation is at the heart of these challenges and getting involved will elevate your learning experience as you apply your ideas to a real-world problem.
For the past 100 years, these awards have been a prestigious springboard for the careers for many previous winners and participants and you to can influence your future by choosing what you do now and standing alongside those who have influenced our future. So let yourself be inspired by the innovative scope of these award briefs and the impact this can have on your future career.
Our belief is that it is only through many perspectives coming together that we can achieve transformation. Whatever your passion - media, geography, robotics, philosophy, theatre, activism - we hope you are inspired by these challenges and feel compelled to apply.
- Sep: Briefs launched, register for a briefing session with the team
- Oct: Free brief information sessions
- Nov - Dec: Free learning and skills workshops
- 31 Jan: Submissions open
- 16 Feb, 4pm GMT: Early bird submissions deadline (£25 entry fee)
- 28 Feb, 11.59pm GMT: Bursary application deadline
- 16 Mar, 4pm GMT: Final submissions deadline (£35 entry fee)
- Mar - May: Judging (two stages: shortlisting and interviews with finalists)
- Jun: Winners announced and awards ceremony
Submissions for the Student Design Awards 2023-24 are open.
Click below to respond to your chosen design brief.
More information on the Student Design Awards
The RSA Student Design Awards is a global competition that challenges students to apply their skills and creativity to tackle today’s most pressing social and environmental issues.