RSA Catalyst funded project Accumulate is seeking a Business Development Manager who is excited by social good to help them take the project to the next stage
Accumulate runs creative workshops for young people, who are homeless, and living in hostels and temporary accommodation. The creative workshops are led by professional tutors and cover photography, jewellery, textiles, creative writing, illustration and visual arts – culminating in exhibitions. Being involved in something creative, meaningful and purposeful helps the young people to
- Develop their skills,
- Build confidence
- Increase wellbeing, all of which helps them to start to think and plan more positively for their future.
The artwork that the young people produce has real commercial potential. We have already successfully sold products in a pop-up shop and on our website. Audience reaction has been positive and so we know that we need to build on this success to develop a strand of commercial income to the charity.
Accumulate has just been awarded The RSA Catalyst grant, which will allow us to recruit a Business Development manager to maximise its business opportunities and lever on its creative output to secure an independent revenue stream. By moving the project on in this way, Accumulate will be able to
- Reduce ongoing dependency on grants and donations to operate its day-to-day services and independently expand its provision
- Focus on increasing the amount of workshops (employability training, work placements with creative businesses, paying them a share of profits to begin their journey to independence).
- Support more fully-funded scholarships to Accumulate participants so that they can continue their creative education at college.
So, we are reaching out to the extensive RSA community of like-minded Fellows to find that special someone. Are you that someone who:
* Is inspired by the Accumulate vision?
* Has an armful of contacts (ideally retailers, manufacturers and design companies), and is able to secure new business opportunities based around commercialisation opportunities for the artwork produced in the Accumulate workshops?
* Wants to use their commercial expertise and experience to create profits that are purposeful, negotiating and securing business and licensing deals?
The position is paid and will be part-time initially. It is a real and rewarding opportunity to develop, manage and maximise on creativity for social good, secure revenues, and create social change.
If you know, or are, that special someone that wants to make a difference through business, then we’d love to hear from you and please get in contact for more details.
Contact me for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org