equipped2lead are delivering a free Leadership Excellence Development Day for Young Aspiring Leaders (aged 18-30'ish) in association with the RSA and The Hive, Nottingham Trent University.
equipped2lead is a different sort of leadership programme; focused on actively developing participants as leaders. It is practical, engaging and active, underpinned by research and experience.
Led by Beverley Burton FRSA, an authority on people development, the programme is based on her equippped2lead framework and designed to equip aspiring and new leaders with the essential understanding, skills and capabilities to realise their vision. equipped2lead recognises the importance of holistic development; building confidence, belief and core capabilities to achieve more: to focus, think creatively, manage relationships, present ideas, positively influence others, leverage support and make the most of opportunities.
20 places are available to provide a uniquely valuable experience.
Date: Saturday 16th April
Time: 9.45am – 3.00pm (with light breakfast and lunch)
Location: The Hive, Nottingham Trent University, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU (near the NTU Tram Stop)
To book: email Beverley Burton FRSA: firstname.lastname@example.org
(places allocated on a first come first served basis).
The equipped2lead Leadership Excellence Development Day is designed to enable participants to:
- Deepen their understanding of the art of leadership and what it takes to become, and continuously improve as, a first-class leader§ Improve self-awareness and deepen understanding of the
- Improve self-awareness and deepen understanding of the essential attitudes, thinking and behaviours to become a successful leader Add to their leadership
- Add to their leadership toolkit to make the most of opportunities and effectively handle challenges
During the day participants will:
- Consider the essential, practical elements of excellent leadership in varied contexts
- Work on their vision and goals as a leader
- Explore their leadership values and focus on what is important to them
- Understand how to develop and continuously improve their winning mentality as a leader
- Present themselves, their vision and ideas.
The Attitudes, Thinking and Behaviours of Successful Leaders:
Exploring the common characteristics of successful leaders and what it takes to become an excellent leader with focus on two areas:
- Developing Our Amazing Winning Brain – how to manage our thinking
- Vision > Goals > Action – Continuous Achievement Cycle
Leadership and Values
Exploring leadership values and value drivers for individuals.
Presenting vision, mission, values and goals with passions, conviction and authenticity.
- Individual Action
- Ideas - informing equipped2lead programme content and structure
- Potential for participants to be involved in the design and delivery ofequipped2lead
Certificates of Participation
Presented by John Ambler, Midlands Researcher for the Cabinet Office.