RSA Fellow Ronnie Cowan, MP for Inverclyde, is delighted to invite Fellows to attend an event in Greenock exploring new approaches to drugs policy.
The event, titled, ‘Should the UK be taking a health-based approach to drugs policy?’ will feature a panel of speakers who will provide their thoughts and experiences on UK drugs policy.
Alongside this, there will be a live audience who will participate in a question-and-answer session, chaired by Mr Cowan, on the issues raised by the panel.
The event will take place at the Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock on Thursday 5 October at 19:00. The panel will include the following speakers:
- Neil Woods, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) and author of the book Good Cop, Bad War: My undercover life inside Britain’s biggest drug gangs
- Andrew Horne, Director of Operations in Scotland, Addaction
- Anthony Gielty, The Haven (Kilmacolm) and author of the book, Out of Darkness: The Transformation Of One Of Scotland's Most Violent Prisoners
- Rod Thomson, The Royal College of Nursing
- Mike McCarron, Transform Drug Policy Foundation, Scotland.
Location: The Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock, PA15 1EQ