The RSA is delighted to launch the Interim Report of the Inclusive Growth Commission, a major new inquiry into how best to make local economies across the UK more economically inclusive and prosperous.
The Inclusive Growth Commission is a high-profile, independent inquiry, building on the findings of the RSA City Growth Commission and chaired by Stephanie Flanders, Chief Market Strategist for the UK and Europe and former BBC Economics Editor.
Launching at the Core Cities Business Summit, Thursday 22nd September The Interim Report of the Inclusive Growth Commission makes a compelling case for place-based growth that addresses social and economic inclusion head on. With the UK’s most influential city leaders and Whitehall policy makers in attendance, The Interim Report is a vital stepping stone on the commissions journey to answering some of the UK’s most deeply rooted problems, from skills to productivity and inequality.
The Commission takes on a whole new relevance following the EU Referendum result which shone a spotlight on deep and polarising divides in British society.
Join us as the Commission continues to prove how Inclusive Growth must be at the centre of the government’s agenda post-Brexit.
Register and more information
- Stephanie Flanders (Chair), Chief Market Strategist (Britain and Europe) JP Morgan and former Economics Editor, BBC.
- Sir John Rose, former Chief Executive, Rolls Royce.
- Giles Andrew, founder Zopa, a peer to peer lending business, which has lent more than £300 million since its foundation in 2004.
- Henry Overman, Professor of Economic Geography, LSE and Director, What Works Centre for Local Growth.
- Julia Unwin, CEO, Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Member of the Housing Corporation Board and Governor of the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, and was previously a Charity Commissioner and Chair of the Refugee Council.
- Naomi Eisenstadt, former Anti-Poverty Adviser to the Scottish Government. Previously First director of Sure Start Unit, Secretary of State’s Chief Adviser on Children’s Services, and Director of the Social Exclusion Task Force.
- Richard Reeves, Senior Fellow in Economic Studies, Brookings Institute, currently leading a major programme on inclusive growth at the Institute. Before this, Richard was Director of Strategy for Deputy Prime Minister, Rt Hon Nick Clegg.
- Rob Whiteman, Chief Executive of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA). Previously Chief Executive of UK Border Agency and managing director of Local Government Improvement and Development. Between 2005 and 2010 he was Chief Executive of the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council.
- Charlotte Alldritt (ex officio), Director, Public Services and Communities, RSA and Director, Inclusive Growth Commission.
- Ben Lucas (ex officio), founding partner, Metro Dynamics. Strategic Advisor to the Commission.
Call for Evidence
The findings of in the Interim Report have been made through a mutli-layers evidence gathering exercise through Evidence Hearing, Deep Dive case studies and an open Call for Evidence, targeting a range of stakeholders including city leaders and local government, think tanks and academics and business associations.
The Call for Evidence closes on 31st December, 2016.
To submit evidence, please contact: email@example.com