The RSA's diverse business activities mean we recruit to a range of roles ranging from policy experts and project managers to communications specialists and corporate fundraisers.
JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS
Do you want to work with the RSA?
There are a range of opportunities within the RSA, from policy experts to communication specialists. We also have a lively and dynamic internship programme.
We're looking for people with a passion for creating real social change. Our people are experts in everything from nurturing the best new ideas to engaging a broad and dynamic Fellowship, to communicating with a truly global audience. Most of all, we're looking for people who believe that creative ideas and practical action can enrich society - for everyone.
Join us, and unleash your own power to create!
Our paid interns have the chance to explore our distinctive interdisciplinary approach to social change in one of our research teams and the wider organisation.
More information about how the recruitment process works, and what to expect when you apply for a role with the RSA.
The RSA comprises five departments:
- Action & Research Centre, which combines practical experimentation with rigorous research to create a unique programme of work.
- Development, working in partnership with organisations around the world to provide a platform for promoting powerful new ideas and nurturing talent.
- External Affairs, which includes the RSA House staff, our digital and marketing teams, the public events teams, and management of our historical archive.
- Our Fellowship department manages support and communication with our network of over 28,000 global Fellows.
- Finally, Operations is our internal hub, comprising HR, Finance, Governance and IT.
Life at the RSA
Joys and Challenges
Our colleagues sum up working for the RSA in their own words:
“We are fortunate to work in a beautiful listed building, with bright, friendly and engaging colleagues, a fascinating group of stakeholders to interact with, and a sense of freedom in which to be thoughtful and creative, explore our potential and make a position contribution to society.” (From our recent Best Companies staff survey)
We are committed to enriching society through ideas and action; we work hard and champion excellence in all that we do. The organisation’s global outlook means we are managing large-scale projects, working with cities and communities, influencing government policy and driving institutional reform. This means that we have high expectations of our people, but also that you’ll get to engage in work that has far-ranging, real-world impact.
Rewards and benefits
As well as the reward of getting to work on interesting, high-impact projects with amazing people who share your values – as if that weren’t enough! – you can expect a competitive reward and benefits package. We benchmark our salaries regularly against the market, with annual pay reviews to ensure that all employees have the opportunity for salary progression. In addition, we provide a range of lovely extra stuff to make working with us even more special:
- Annual leave - 29 days per year (including Christmas closure days) plus all bank holidays, and the option to buy up to five additional days
- Wellbeing and benefits allowance worth up to £420 per annum
- Generous pension scheme – we’ll double match your contributions into our pension scheme (up to a maximum of 10%)
- Career breaks - up to six months unpaid sabbatical leave for study, caring or travelling
- Social events - two staff shindigs per year, plus a Civic Day where we get together to work in the local community
- Staff gatherings - including a monthly afternoon tea and cake
- Food and drink - free breakfast, subsidised lunches, and free-flowing tea and coffee all day, every day
- Income protection scheme and life assurance
- Enhanced family leave and pay
- Staff Fellowship - free throughout employment plus one year after leaving the RSA; then 50% discount for life
- Plus all the usual voluntary benefits such as childcare vouchers, salary sacrifice cycle scheme, health and dental plans, season ticket loans, gym discounts, etc.
Any questions or problems with your application?
To get in contact with us email email@example.com or call 020 7451 6907 and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
We do not regularly engage agencies for permanent or temporary roles, nor do not accept sales calls but if you would like to send your details to our recruitment team, we will keep them on file.
Awards, accreditations and supported organisations
We’re very proud to work with a range of organisations. Our work with these organisations helps to inform our thinking and ensure we keep up with best practice.